Friday, February 5, 2010

Seed sprouting

Well I think these are the fastest ones I've had sprout. Here it is day 8 after starting this batch and I saw the first sprouts when I changed my water out this am.

 

  

Now in a few days when the sprouts get a little longer then I'll move them to a  seedling tray. Went through the rest of my crosses and  I still have 42 crosses to start.  Been trying to determine if I want to continue using this method or place seeds in seedling trays.  To start all these crosses would take a very long time or I would have to buy a few more sprouters. Can't find them @ Wally World any more but I've found them on the Internet cheapest I've found so far is ~$13 plus S&H. I would need about 4 more to speed things along but don't know if I want to invest that much into it.

No comments: